Sunday, August 3, 2014

DIY: Handmade Distress Tool

Hi everyone.

Today, I would like to show you how to make your own distress tool.
If you noticed earlier, I have one tutorial on how to make own distressing tool using the things you have around the house.

However, today I want to show you how to make another type of distress tool which you can use the blending foam from Ranger. I am using the mini ink blending foam.

First, I bought a bag of mini wooden material from Daiso. This cylinder shape is just nice to fit the mini ink blending foam.



This is how it looks like after removed from the packaging. It has untreated surface. As such, you will need to smooth the surface. I did mine.



So, what I did was I took something from my fabric stash - the sticky back velcro tape fabric fastener. Cut out circle shape & stick on the wood. Why I used this velcro tape is I will be able to change the mini ink blending foam later on & able to wash it.



Stick on the mini ink blending foam on the new handmade distress tool. Ta da... this is how it looks like. Handy isn't it?


Have fun! Thank you.

2 comments: